I had a bunch of ripe peaches on the counter, and we love ice cream in the summer, so I thought I would come up with a peach ice cream. It was yum, and here’s the recipe.
- One can full fat coconut milk, chilled (if you’re on GAPS, you can use Natural Value brand. It’s the only one I’ve found with no guar gum, plus it’s BPA free).
- Five ripe peaches
- Four raw egg yolks
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 t vanilla
- 3/4 t ground ginger
- 2 t gelatin (There are a couple brands made from healthy, grass fed cows: Bernard Jensen and Great Lakes).
- a generous pinch of salt
- Warm a few tablespoons on coconut milk in a small saucepan. Add the gelatin and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add all ingredients, including the warmed milk and gelatin to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and wait patiently.